MEDIEVAL CASTLE OF LIVADIA

A canyon and jagged rocks set out the hill where the medieval castle of Livadia once stood proudly, facing the waters of the river Erkyna, who brought Mneme and Lethe to anyone in search of an answer from the Oracle of Trophonius Zeus, in antiquity. The castle of Livadia was build by the Catalans in the 12th century, it was taken over by the Ottomans, and in 1821 it was the third to raise the banner of the Revolution. When Greece was freed of the Ottoman yoke, the castle was abandoned and left to ruin, as it had served its purpose.

Facebook
Twitter
LinkedIn
Pinterest
20°C
en_USEnglish